Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

11 July 2005

Linux USB to Serial to Console NetScreen Firewall

I have Linux installed on my laptop, and the laptop does not have serial port that's why I am using a usb2serial in order to console any external devices. So here is the configuration I done on my Ubuntu linux 5.04 in order to console NetScreen firewall (this can be used with many other devices as well).

First of all I installed minicom then configured it as follows:
Ctrl+A then press Z then O, then choose "Serial port setup", then press A and configure " Serial Device : /dev/ttyUSB0" then press enter and press E and configure "Bps/Par/Bits: 9600 8N1" then press enter and save setup as default and exit and here we go.

Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment