Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

12 February 2006

Frank Hornby

"Frank Hornby (15 May 1863 – 21 September 1936) was an English inventor and businessman. He was a visionary in toy development and manufacture and produced three of the most popular lines of toys in the twentieth century: Meccano, Hornby Model Railways and Dinky Toys. He also founded the company Meccano Ltd in 1908", Wikipedia For those who do not know what Meccano is, "it is a model constructionmetal strips, plates, wheels and gears, with nuts and bolts to connect the pieces. It is a versatile constructional medium enabling the building of a variety of working models and mechanical devices", Wikipedia During my childhood I used to play with Meccano and I think the way I think today is influenced by my experience and knowledge gained from "playing" with it - as well as programming. Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment