Are you looking for my non-technical blog?

This is now my technical-only blog, my non-technical blog is here.

17 August 2007

The Bourne Legacy

Last weekent I went to the Cinema with some friends to watch The Bourne Ultimatum, starring Matt Damon, and the good looking actress, Julia Stiles. I was waiting to watch that film, especially that it is a sequel to The Bourne Supremacy, a film that I watched a while ago on my PC. What I like most about The Bourne series is the rhythm of them, and the overall style of the action scenes and the suspense there.

The three movies - my Firefox dictionary now refuses the word Movie, after changing it to a British-English one. Anyway, those films were written by Robert Ludlum who died in March 2001. And since he didn't write but just three novels in this series, it is not expected to have any other The Bourne Whatever films soon. But wait a minute, there is another writer called Eric Van Lustbader who decided to write other spy fiction novels based on Mr. Ludlum's work. But the question is, are we going to see The Bourne Legacy in theatres soon? And is it going to be good as the other films based or Ludlum's novels or not?

I also went to an Arabic film called El Shabah - The Ghost - and guess what, it shares with The Bourne Ultimatum the idea of someone suffering from amnesia, and trying to escape from some bad guys while on the same time he wants to know his real identity. But believe me, comparing El Shabah to The Bourne Ultimatum is like comparing a Zastava 750 to a Porsche 911.

Tags: , ,

4 comments:

  1. lol Zastava 750 to Porsche 911 , lol , insh Allah I will try to watch the Bourne Ultimatum , I had seen the two pervious films and they blowed my mind , I like Jason Bourne than James Bond , Matt Damon is right Bourne is much more realistic and human , already Craig's late Bond is a copycat from Bourne
    anyhow I wish they complete the series , despite Matt Damon said that he would take a break from these action flicks
    about El-Shabah,well I don't know I am not from the fan club of Ahmed Ezz , I feel that he is a kind of men who know that they are pretty and they like it ,not to mention all his films are stolen from hollywood movies including Privat Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. an amazing movie one of my faves especially the camera work....quick and very gripping.....but I do have to disagree with you on julia stiles......:( all I have to say is "save the last dance"

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest I am a big fan of Jason Bourne films but I do not know if I would want to see Eric Van Lustbader's "The Bourne Legacy" or "The Bourne Betrayal" not only because there were inferior to Ludlum's novels, but also because the plot is somewhat off centering in generic (if that term applies) bad guys and not at Bourne's own enemies.
    Though I've only read the first novel written by Ludlum "The Bourne Identity" friends of mine have read all 4 novels (including Legacy) but noone is willing to read the last one "The Bourne Betrayal". Tony Gilroy and Scott Burns did a fantastic job writing the three Bourne films and adapting the story in such a way that with Bourne Ultimatum the story of most if not all characters is resolved, and I highly doubt that a sequel will have such a solid story as one of the three films BUT screenwriters (Gilroy and Burns) may find intriguing stuff and make another script. Either way I would like better to see a prelude of Bourne than an actual sequel, a completely new story so we learn exactly under which circumstances David Webb became Jason Bourne now that we saw the hole story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. juuulia, juuuuliA, juuuuuuulia!

    ReplyDelete